Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic to Anyone who can code/make fixes (Read 2477 times)
vankuss

Hello

to Anyone who can code/make fixes
Oct 3rd, 2017 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
I am reinstalling lots of stuff for my offline installation of UT and I have one very small problem which I wish i was able to fix

basically, it's about Slave Master a gametype
it works perfectly fine, there is one thing that irks me though: when playing the Normal Slave Master (Team Slave Master doesn't show this behavior), there is no icon in the upper-left chat when bots or players make taunts or send messages. it just shows the line without portrait

i tried looking into the .u file with various programs but i have no idea what i was doing, so i figured let's ask someone on here

is it even possible? contacting the author is out of question i guess, this stuff is way too old. the rest functions perfectly fine, the bots support is great, and its probably the best custom gametype i've ever seen. but this thing irks me so much lol

i've attached a zip file containing the .u and .int file if anybody wants to give it a go

slavemast.zip ( 477 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

medor

Hello

Re: to Anyone who can code/make fixes
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
First
ave you the last build ?

http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=GameTypes/SlaveMaster/

[code]Welcome To Slave Master - Beta V 1.5 - CTF

URL:  http://www.planetunreal.com/slavemaster
      mailto:utslavemaster@yahoo.com

Forum: http://pub8.ezboard.com/bslavemaster

Slave Master is a new game type for UnrealTournament.  When you kill somebody, they
become your slave and must go around picking up items around the level for you.  If
you are killed or they collect enough items, they will be set free.  There are more
complexities and many options, so read the game guide.

Team SlaveMaster is the same concept except that each team tries to own the other teams to gain supremacy

SlaveMaster CTF brings the excitement of Capture the Flag to the Slave Master environment.  Each team can either enslave the other team or capture their flag to gain supremacy.

To Install:
With the umod file:
If the .umod file does not appear with the UT icon, you probably need the non-umod version.
Simply run SlaveMaster.umod, point it to your UnrealTournament folder, and there you go.
When you start an Unreal game, Slave Master will appear on the list of available
game types.  When you find an internet game, the Slave Master tab will find available Slave Master servers.

With non-umod zip file:
extract slavemaster.u and slavemaster.int into your UT\system\ directory.  You can copy this file to UT/help/ for refernce.
In order to get the Slave Master server tab working, you must add these lines to these files.  For people unfamiliar with editing .ini files, we highly recommend the .umod setup.

UBrowser.int
------------
<add these lines>
UBrowserSM=Slave Master
UBrowserTSM=Team SlaveMaster
UBrowserSMCTF=SlaveMaster CTF

UnrealTournament.ini
------------
<add these new sections>
[UBrowserSM]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=SlaveMaster,bCompa
tibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserTSM]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=TeamSlaveMaster,bC
ompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserSMCTF]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=CTFSlaveMaster,bCo
mpatibleServersOnly=True

I suggest going to the web site to read everything - what is below is just the
web site pasted as text (and an old version at that).

-------------------------------------------
Slave Master - Game Guide
Gameplay
HUD
Soul Flares
Being A Slave
When You Die
Collecting Favor
Attaching Soul Flares
Death And Slavery
Vengeance
Favor Table
Being A Master
Getting A Slave
Getting Favor
Using Soul Flares
Losing Slaves
Winning The Game
Different End Games
Game Options
Slave Limit
Freedom Cost
Earn Inheritance
Slave Major
Good Options Settings
Hints And Tips
CheeseNip's Guide to Slave Master

Gameplay
HUD
    At the left of the HUD, there is a list of the current players in the game.  The names are color coded by status.  Dark gray means a free players.  Dark red means a player owned by somebody else.  Gold means that the player is owned by you.  White is used only when you are a slave, and indicates other players owned by your master.  When you own somebody (gold), or they are owned by your master (white), the amount of favor they currently have will appear next to their name.  A name in light blue means that you have soul flare attached to that person.
    Below the list of names is your rank – what this indicates is different depending or whether the game is being played to a frag limit or a slave limit.  In either case, it shows how far down you are on the scoreboard.    Below the rank the HUD shows how many total players there are, and how many of them are currently free.  The number of free players will tell you how crowded the level is.
    When you are a slave, your HUD will turn white, and will show you the items and status of your owner.  This is so that you know what your owner needs so you can get it for him.
Soul Flares
   Soul flares allow a slave to earn favor by marking the location of free players for his master.  A master can see soul flares through walls, thereby allowing him to track the free player through the level.  Slaves can not see the flare through walls, but can see it attached to the free player so the slave know who is marked and who is not.  Flares earn a slave favor over time, so marking free players who are difficult to hunt down is more valuable.  Also, favor is based on how many free players are in the game, so if there is only one player left to kill, the favor rate for marking him becomes very high.  If a marked player dies, the flare is gone and no more favor is given.  If the slave who marked a player is freed, any players they marked are unmarked.
Being A Slave
When You Die
    If you are killed, you will spawn as a slave at the location that you died in.  You will have no weapon.  Your HUD will show who owns you and how much favor you have.  It will also show you how much favor you need to be set free.  Being a slave has an upside – nobody can hurt you.  If somebody have a problem with you, he will have to take it up with your master.  You can be blown around easily by explosions, however, since you don’t weigh much as a slave.   If you commit suicide or are thrown into lava or otherwise cause yourself to die during the time when you are fighting somebody, you will become a slave and volunteer to the player you were fighting.  Fighting is defined as 'been injured in the last 5 seconds.'
Collecting Favor
    There are basically two options as a slave.  You can hang out, and assume that your owner will be killed before long.  Or, you run around and collect any power-ups in the level.  Any power-up you touch will be sent as a gift to your master.  If he does not need it, you will not be able to pick it up, and it will be worth no favor.  As soon as you collect enough favor, you will be free, and will respawn normally at a random location.  When your master sets you free, either from his own death or from your hard work, he will set you up for your new life according to how much he liked you.  If you gave no favor, you will start with the basic 100 health and an enforcer.  If you were a good slave though, mindful of your master’s needs, you will start out with some armor, extra health, nice weapons, whatever your master happens to have available for you.  Do not underestimate the power of kissing your master's ass.  When you start off with a shield belt and a damage amplified flak cannon, you will know where the hard work went.  If the freedom cost is set to zero, and inheritance is turned off, slaves will not be able to pick anything up, because favor is useless.
Attaching Soul Flares
   Pressing 'Fire' while a slave will shoot a bright flare in front of you.  If you hit a free player, the flare will imbed itself into the player's soul, where it will stay until it dies out after a while.  You will get a message that you have marked that player for death, and your master will start giving you favor according to how helpful it was to know that player's location.  The player's name will turn light blue in the HUD list to indicate that the player is marked and can not be marked again until the flare dies out.  If you attempt to mark your master, you will receive an electrical shock from the feedback loop, a small reminder of your place in the world as a slave.
   Soul flares can also be used to open doors that require being shot in order to open.Death And Slavery
    If you do happen to die as a ghost, usually from falling off a cliff or drowning, you will respawn randomly in the level.  Even if you die at the hands of somebody else (as in the pressure chamber), you will simply respawn.
    If you manage to kill somebody as a slave (again the pressure chamber is the most common case), they will simply respawn in the level.
Vengeance
    In some cases, it may happen that you are able to posthumously cause the death of your owner.  The most common case is:  You fire a missile at Bob.  Bob nails you with the shock rifle, and you die, becoming Bob’s slave.  A second later, the missile finds Bob’s forehead, and he explodes in little tiny bits.  This is treated as vengeance, and you will be set free; however, Bob will not become your slave.  A more tactical case is the pressure chamber, in which you as a slave can actually attempt to exact your revenge upon your master by locking him inside.  Again, you will be freed but your master will not become your slave.Favor Table
Item
Favor
Health
1 point for each point of health gained
Armor
1 point for each point of armor gained
Weapon
With WeaponStay: 20
No WeaponStay: Weapon Refresh Rate
Ammo
10 (Note: Weapons the Master already has and are picked up for ammo, count as ammo.)
Damage Amp
Jump Boots
Invisibility
Unknown
(Mod Items)
Item's Inherent Desireability
(As determined by Item.BotDesireability(Master))
Soul Flare favor table (Amont of favor given for marking player)
Players Left
Favor/Sec
>4
In general, the inheritance cost for an item is the same as its favor value, so if you get your master a shield belt, and get 150 favor, you could respawn with a shield belt and nothing else, or a combination of other things that add up to 150.
Being A Master
Getting A Slave
    When you kill somebody, a small, fat, white soul will pop out of the body.  This is now your slave.  His name will turn gold in the HUD, and the favor they have given you will appear beside the name.
   If you are fighting somebody, and they cause themselves to die, you will get a message 'So-and-so Volunteered' and they will become your slave.
Getting Favor
    When you have a slave, you will begin to get messages like ‘You got a health kit’ and ‘You picked up the flak cannon’.  This is your slave doing his job.  Notice that weapons your slave has given you will not auto-switch, to avoid interrupting you in the middle of battle.  If you’re not using your Max 9999 characters   Embarrassed

IP Logged

vankuss

Hello

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Ahahah medor, thanks for the headsup but yeah, I have the latest build

Try installing it, go in a game with normal slave master (no team), and make a taunt: you can see that your portrait doesn't show up in the chat area

I noticed something weird: in the other modes of slavemaster, the portrait is a bit different than the vanilla gametypes. Maybe the author wanted to fix it or something, and forgot to do it for the normal mode?

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
If it came with any .utx files, open the one for the skins in the editor and probably there's no non-team face texture, my guess.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

vankuss

Hello

Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
no, It's just a .u file and a .int file
It's not the end of the world, but I was wondering if a fix was even possible without the source code
with a few programs I managed to see whats inside the .u file, and there's a function that draws the HUD so maybe there's something wrong in there, who knows

it happens with bots and other players too, not only with myself. and curiously enough, happens only in SlaveMaster, not in Team SlaveMaster or CTF SlaveMaster

edit: unless the .utx is included in the .u package? if thats even possible.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #5 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
I was hoping to find the time to peek in the .u file, but yesterday:
  • My car wouldn't start, towed it to the shop.
  • I worked in the evening.
  • My cell phone display died.

That was quite the day lol.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

vankuss

Hello

Reply #6 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Don't even worry, I disabled the taunts altogether since UTDemo wasn't recording them and it irked me too much Cheesy
Its probably some piece of code changing the way the portraits are displayed or something similar

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #7 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 1:17am
Print Post  
I looked at the code and there's no obvious flaw, I would have to be recompiling it with debugging messages and running it to figure it out, that's more time than I'd want to invest, sorry Sad

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint