Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Medtoggle 350 (Read 3767 times)
Ultimate Member

Hello

Medtoggle 350
May 27th, 2016 at 12:42am
Print Post  
Can I just change the Bot difficulty with this program? Without having to go map by map? I can't get my bot difficulty past average.  [Botpack.ChallengeBotInfo]
Difficulty=5.   It should be Adept but doesn't change.  If it is possible, what would the setting look like in your mod?  Thanks

[medToggle350.medToggle]
bMapVote=false
bUseToggleMapList=false
NextMapDelay=10
bReplaceAllWeaponsIncludesHammer=false
bReplaceAllWeaponsIncludesEnforcer=true
bLogInfo=false
bSetMaxPlayers=false

mDefaults=(Settings="",Actors="",ActorsToExclude="",mutators="",mutatorsToExclud
e="",WeaponSwap="",AmmoSwap="")

mGame[0]=(GameClass="Botpack.DeathMatchPlus",prefix="DM")
mGame[1]=(GameClass="Botpack.TeamGamePlus",prefix="TDM")
mGame[2]=(GameClass="Botpack.CTFGame",prefix="CTF")
mGame[3]=(GameClass="Botpack.Domination",prefix="DOM")
mGame[4]=(GameClass="Botpack.LastManStanding",prefix="LMS")
mGame[5]=(GameClass="Botpack.Assault",prefix="AS")
mGame[6]=(GameClass="EUT_1D.EUTDeathMatchPlus",prefix="EDM",Actors="EUT_1D.PureCRCLogger
")
mGame[7]=(GameClass="EUT_1D.EUTTeamGamePlus",prefix="ETDM",Actors="EUT_1D.PureCRCLogger"
)
mGame[8]=(GameClass="EUT_1D.SmartCTFGame",prefix="ECTF",Actors="EUT_1D.PureCRCLogger")

mMap[0]=(MapName="DM-ArcaneTemple",Settings="GameSpeed=1.5,Botskill=5,MinPlayers=10")
mMap[1]=(MapName="DM-Grinder",Settings="MinPlayers=6,FragLimit=6")

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: Medtoggle 350
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2016 at 4:03am
Print Post  
The defaults apply to all maps, so:

Code
Select All
mDefaults=(Settings="BotSkill=5",Actors="",ActorsToExclude="",mutators="",mutatorsToExclude="",WeaponSwap="",AmmoSwap="") 

I hope you don't have loque in the rotation with that bot skill Smiley

When you want a different value than the default for a particular map, that's when you add it to the map line, it will override the default (for that map).

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #2 - May 27th, 2016 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Great ....Thanks!   I'll give it a try right now.

IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #3 - May 28th, 2016 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Yay!  No surprise to Helen, it works.  Thanks!

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #4 - May 28th, 2016 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
JaFo Bot Editor, go to here:
http://members.chello.nl/~r.dautzenberg/files.html

and click on this link on there:
JBE v2.5.5.2 (zip)

I used to use that, it was decent.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #5 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
When using Medtoggle I have to set the # of bots to 0 or remove whatever number is there by default when starting my server, otherwise when the different maps load (each one has a diff player count) all it will load is the default 4 or 5. If i remove the field it pulls from Medtoggle. The bot difficulty changes automatically tho. Only the player count gives me a problem. Great mutator tho, allows so many modifications and at the level you want them in the game hierarchy. I have included a copy of my config for medToggle if your curious about different syntax's and settings. For most any changes I can think up Helen's mutator can pretty much do it all.

FDA_medToggle.txt ( 12 KB | Downloads )

Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #6 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Can you post the commandline you use to start your server.

I will trim down your file and see if I can see what the problem is.

And if you have the time, can you do this:
I see you have "bDebug=true". So could you...
a. Start your server.
b. Play 1 map.
c. Stay connected and let the next map load up.
d. Then you could disconnect.

Then grab the lines from the log and post them. Make sure it has the lines for the first map loading then finishing, and then for the second map loading.

After that, set bDebug=false, because it adds a lot of lines to your log.

In the future if you have other problems, set bDebug back to true and play a map and post the lines.

Edited:
I also wouldn't mind seeing the UnrealTournament.ini or server.ini, whatever your host uses as the server file.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2016 at 3:45pm by Helen »  

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #7 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Attached is a trimmed down version that should be what you want. Notes:
  • Right after the mDefaults line was an extra unneeded line that started with "GameClass(="..., not sure if that was messing up the loading of settings.
  • You have gravity = -950 in a couple places, interesting number. Technically this number should push people off the ground, or give them super jumping powers. Was that the intent? If you want zero gravity, make it Gravity=0
  • You'll see I took out a lot of text, providing all those settings specifically is not necessary due to inheritance. Only if you want to override something at a certain level do you have to provide a setting. Or did it add all that text by itself?

If it still doesn't work, finish the map, and tell me if it starts working for the second map.

I'm up to medToggle367 now, we'll get you to start using that if it still doesn't work. I haven't posted it, just a matter of getting around to the readme for all the new stuff.

trimmed_medToggle.txt ( 6 KB | Downloads )

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #8 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
I tend to start my server manually being that im usually never that far away and can remote in if needbe from anywhere, I have a little different setup in all honesty,
ut99 server runs from C:\Games\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.exe

I play from C:\Unreal Anthology\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.exe

reasoning is the server copy is from GoG (Good Old Games) and isnt modded in any way like the copy i use for gameplay. I use much higher res textures and the DX11 renderer for Unreal Gold & Unreal Tournament.

I have set it to debug before so ya I will test it and let you know, however due to starting it like above, the spot where i remove the value/field is in setup/starting the dedicated server when going through the settings, if i leave the dfault value medToggle doesnt take over, however it DOES if i remove it or specify 0.

Also i'll post the server's ini for you as well but it needs other modifications because the IP the server was getting DNS from has changed and is no longer accessible anymore, i gotta setup another no-ip account today so I will probably update that and test first before posting the config. I had a DNS "A" record setup before and while its still resolves I can no longer modify it.

Oh heads up,  the gravity setting....-950 is a specific value for certain maps where default low grav or zero-g doesnt work proper, One of them is a DM-Morpheus style and that value is correct for it per mappers instructions. The other values would be too strong or too weak. I believe its DM-Artiphycial? Cool looking Morpheus Remake uses some 2004 & Unreal Gold material.

Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint