Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) MiniGuns & Rocket Launchers (Read 24343 times)
StivBators

Hello

Re: MiniGuns & Rocket Launchers
Reply #20 - Dec 2nd, 2012 at 3:03am
Print Post  
Hermskii wrote on Dec 1st, 2012 at 7:11am:
You modded it? What is it worth? How long have you had it? Where did you get it? Does it still work? is that a 56k modem 2 slots down? How old is this picture? Ever told these folks what you have? http://www.falconfly.de/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl Is it registered anywhere?

Wow Thats a lot of questions ! I didn't mod it. What are you willing to pay ? I've had it since 2003. Got it from a Quantum3d employee. It works great ! That is a 56k modem. That picture is from 2003 just after I got the card and it still in that computer which dates fromm 1999 ! Win98se original install and still works great, just sloooooow. I'm aware of the falconfly site but the only other place I mentioned having it was 3dfxzone http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=566  I'm SuperBee. The guy Oskar who asked me where I was from, emails me now and again wondering if it for sale. It's not, not yet anyway.  Registered ?

IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #21 - Dec 2nd, 2012 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the reply! Iknow there is a list somewhere that indicated the status of many of these beta cards now. Who has them, where they got them, how much they sold for, which version of the card they got etc etc.

I don't think all of that is on one list but I have seen different tables listing different information about these rare cards. I've seen people modify the cards to complete the goals and claims the cards were supposed to ship out with  like true AGP4 support and full functionality of the 64 or 128bit bus. Something like that anyways. I know the cards didn't get completed by 3DFX but some folks mofifes the their versions to meet the final performance goals for those cards. It required some extra power and soddering of wires from here to there kind of stuff and then some driver modifications but I have seen these out there and they sold for tons. I'm not interested anymore in own one but I used to salvate at tghe idea of owning one and don't get me wrong; I'm totally jealous you have a funtional Voodoo 5 6000 AGP. Can you imagine if there were a few PCI versions out there!!! They'd be worth tons based on other version of these voodoo cards and the variance in price between the AGP version and the PCI counterpart. Thanks for sharing the info about it. What d o you think yours is worth? Do you think it gets more exspensive or is it losing it's value? If someone put me in a trance and asked me what video card I wanted more than any other that voodoo card you have is surely what I would describe. Congrats!

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

StivBators

Hello

Reply #22 - Dec 2nd, 2012 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Yes I've seen some lists like that, my card isn't on any that I have seen. And thats fine by me.
       As for value, haven't got a clue. Compared to what they were going for on ebay at the time, I paid a very fair price. Half of what some were going for ! Don't really follow them on ebay like I used to. I didn't buy it as an investment, like you i was into 3dfx cards, and wanted the best performing voodoo card. I like to play Unreal and Unreal Tournament in glide once and a while, and wanted more performance than the vodoo5 5500 with 4xaa !
  Got some nice voodoo 2 cards also. The original SLI !!

DSC00087.JPG ( 339 KB | Downloads )
DSC00087.JPG
DSC00088.JPG ( 353 KB | Downloads )
DSC00088.JPG

IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #23 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 8:28am
Print Post  
Those were the days right! Right now I have a 3000 AGP, a 4500 w/TV and a 5500 AGP. I also have one or two others that say 3DFX on the chips on the cards but I never looked to see what they are. They are pre 3000 I think. Small and wimpy looking to me.

There is something very special about playing UT the way it was meant to be played meaning with the Glide renderer. I still recall the first time I ever played UT with a voodoo card and saw the sparks come off the lava rocks from a flak cannon being shot at a walk or the ground! It was such an OMG moment for me back then. Consider I had just stepped up from a S3 4mb crap video card to a Voodoo 3 3000 AGP! It was like going from a Pentium I 233mhz to a Pentium IV 1,600mhz chip. It was amazing. Never again did I ever buy any piece of hardware that provided so much of an improvement to my PC experience at so little a price or effort.

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

5L3V1N
YaBB Newbies

Reply #24 - Aug 31st, 2013 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
I had an orchid 4mb of which i replaced heatsink and fan this was for overclocking purposes. I upgraded to a conopus 3d 6mb/ voodoo2/3 then jumped ship. Most of my testing with these cards was done on GL Quake.

IP Logged

DerrickFields
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #25 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 10:14am
Print Post  
5L3V1N wrote on Oct 27th, 2012 at 12:04am:
A regular player on the server struggles with "white out" in a gun fight using the minigun and RL. I have suggested these settings that control the "effects" of the weapons and also ecig like e hose, some of these are on similar lines to the enhanced UT posts on the forum.
Here are the settings for the minigun and RL add these as an alias:
Aliases[??]=(Command="set ut_shellcase bhidden 1 | set mtracer lighttype lt_none | set minigun2 muzzleflashmesh none  | set LightSmokeTrail bHidden 1 | set UT_SpriteSmokePuff bHidden 1 | set UTSmokeTrail bHidden 1 | set rockettrail bhidden 1 | set RocketMk2 DrawScale 0.03",Alias=whatevername)
Bind "whatevername" to a key.

or
create a config "whatevername" and use the exec command.
Long time since i did this stuff, hope this helps Wink

Thanks for sharing out the settings.. Even I am regular and I do struggle a lot..
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2014 at 6:37pm by DerrickFields »  

IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #26 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Hi Derrick,
Lots of players and visitors here with 15 years of experience. (Yikes!  15 years...lol) If you have any questions please post them.  I would be surprised if you couldn't get a good answer.  Cya!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint