Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) MiniGuns & Rocket Launchers (Read 24280 times)
5L3V1N
YaBB Newbies

MiniGuns & Rocket Launchers
Oct 27th, 2012 at 12:04am
Print Post  
A regular player on the server struggles with "white out" in a gun fight using the minigun and RL. I have suggested these settings that control the "effects" of the weapons, some of these are on similar lines to the enhanced UT posts on the forum.
Here are the settings for the minigun and RL add these as an alias:
Aliases[??]=(Command="set ut_shellcase bhidden 1 | set mtracer lighttype lt_none | set minigun2 muzzleflashmesh none  | set LightSmokeTrail bHidden 1 | set UT_SpriteSmokePuff bHidden 1 | set UTSmokeTrail bHidden 1 | set rockettrail bhidden 1 | set RocketMk2 DrawScale 0.03",Alias=whatevername)
Bind "whatevername" to a key.
or
create a config "whatevername" and use the exec command.
Long time since i did this stuff, hope this helps Wink

IP Logged

medor

Hello

Re: MiniGuns & Rocket Launchers
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2012 at 6:14am
Print Post  
I's a command for the start game who suppress the flash players ?

IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2012 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Hi 5L3V1N.  Works great! I can see so much better during fights now. Thanks!

IP Logged

5L3V1N
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2012 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Not with you on that one Medor??? Flash player??? Are you talking about Adobe?
No, Several ppl have had troubles with the new generations of renderers with their view being obscured because of some of the effects like screen flash and whiteout in a firefight. This simply cleans up your view in a fire fight BUT by doing so removes eye candy making your game more ugly looking. Like i always say make a backup before making any changes because every system and configuration is different as well as personal preferences.
In addition to the above;

set minishellcase bhidden 1 \\minigun shell casing
set ut_shellcase bhidden 1 \\pistol ""
set minigun2 Misc1Sound none \\minigun alt fire wind up sound off.

Please note, always respect the servers rules. eg Rocket arena servers may not allow no rocket trials etc etc. I do not surport cheaters. This is posted to enhance players gameplay and enjoyment.

IP Logged

StivBators

Hello

Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2012 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
5L3V1N wrote on Oct 27th, 2012 at 5:07pm:
Please note, always respect the servers rules. eg Rocket arena servers may not allow no rocket trials etc etc. I do not surport cheaters. This is posted to enhance players gameplay and enjoyment.

Won't some cheat protection consider some of those settings illegal ? All I have is weapon hand hidden and unticked weapon flash in preferences, and just live with the rockets and smoke. Some may consider those settings pertaining to rocket smoke and size of rockets an unfair advantage but I'm not sure.

IP Logged

medor

Hello

Reply #5 - Oct 27th, 2012 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Not with you on that one Medor??? Flash player??? Are you talking about Adobe?

We speak about UT ...google translate mistakes XD

IP Logged

5L3V1N
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - Oct 28th, 2012 at 12:32am
Print Post  
Depends on the server, respect server rules foremost.

there has been much debate what can actually be added to the alias and what is regarded as "tweaks" or an unfair advantage? Generally speaking, some snipers servers and pure plus a-another servers use anti-cheat detection for example to stop the turning off the muzzle flash and smoke from a sniper rifle etc. restrictions can be added to the anti-cheat.
There was a debate years ago on a skin mod (i will not be naming it - don't ask) which some said was legal and some not. Some servers would boot or ban players using it, others wouldnt, its how it worked.

Hacks and aimbots are the by far the biggest problem in UT, unfortunately a few players get satisfaction this way and spoil it for the real players. The listed above will help you vision a bit but skill is skill.

IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #7 - Oct 28th, 2012 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Since no one else has ever mentioned it, I assumed I was the only one with whiteout during fights. Guess not.  I will go back to stock settings.  Thanks for trying 5L3V1N.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #8 - Oct 28th, 2012 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
As far as kosher, or being ok on the server, I consider it ok. If these settings are allowed out of the box, then ok. I won't try them myself because I think it takes away from the experience.

There is one thing I turn off which is screen flash, I think everyone already knows about this, but anyways...
  • bring up console window
  • type in "preferences" without the quotes
  • expand Display
  • set ScreenFlashes to false

This is permanent, you don't have to change it every game.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #9 - Oct 28th, 2012 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
StivBators wrote on Oct 27th, 2012 at 9:40pm:
5L3V1N wrote on Oct 27th, 2012 at 5:07pm:

Won't some cheat protection consider some of those settings illegal ? All I have is weapon hand hidden and unticked weapon flash in preferences, and just live with the rockets and smoke. Some may consider those settings pertaining to rocket smoke and size of rockets an unfair advantage but I'm not sure.

Sorry Stiv, missed your post. Ya I can see how some would consider it cheating. Pretty hard to check for though. I play with weapon hand hidden too, I think this more than makes up for extra eye candy you see. Again, on this server, you do what you do to highlight your experience I guess. I'm ambivalent.

Happy sunday  Smiley

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

5L3V1N
YaBB Newbies

Reply #10 - Oct 28th, 2012 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
I use the minigun set commands, simply when strafing or in a firefight i get bright flash, a screen full obscuring everything to the extent i cant see. I dont get it half as bad with the original d3d7 but the game runs bad..........
These commands and others have always been a bone of contention since Gl quake 1 when they came about. Its difficult where to draw the line, a 54inch monitor is an advantage, a mouse with a polling rate faster than windows default is an advantage, as long as the above is ok with you Helen? Smiley

IP Logged

Tempest

Hello

Reply #11 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Helen wrote on Oct 28th, 2012 at 3:30pm:
As far as kosher, or being ok on the server, I consider it ok. If these settings are allowed out of the box, then ok. I won't try them myself because I think it takes away from the experience.

There is one thing I turn off which is screen flash, I think everyone already knows about this, but anyways...
  • bring up console window
  • type in "preferences" without the quotes
  • expand Display
  • set ScreenFlashes to false

This is permanent, you don't have to change it every game.

I never knew about this...I tried it just now and its kinda weird not knowing that I was hit but it seems to make things smoother Smiley Going to try it for a bit longer

IP Logged

5L3V1N
YaBB Newbies

Reply #12 - Nov 11th, 2012 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Rocket Trails. This mainly stems back to GL quake on 4mb Orchid Righteous 3dfx card. Only 2mb of that was texture memory. PC's were only p60\100\133\166mhz, the first 2 didn't even have mmx. With the new effects with this accelerator GL the screen quickly filled up with effects in rocket fights blocking view and on alot of machines fell into slideshow mode. Many ppl have experimented down the years with settings like these. In 2k4 "set commands" can not be used online.

Orchid_Righteous_3D_boxed.jpg ( 47 KB | Downloads )
Orchid_Righteous_3D_boxed.jpg

IP Logged

5L3V1N
YaBB Newbies

Reply #13 - Nov 11th, 2012 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Software vs GL
Quake 1 release June 22, 1996
GL version January 22, 1997

glquake.png ( 794 KB | Downloads )
glquake.png

IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #14 - Nov 29th, 2012 at 3:43am
Print Post  
5L3V1N !

I'm impressed! You a voodoo fan? Still have any of the old voodoo cards?

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #15 - Nov 29th, 2012 at 3:46am
Print Post  
Just saw this. It was the cheapest one I could find right now. I don't want one but I love the whole old 3DFX thing. Voodoo anything ruled!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORCHID-TECHNOLOGY-RIGHTEOUS-3D-II-8MB-PCI-Video-Card-/35...

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

StivBators

Hello

Reply #16 - Nov 30th, 2012 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
My prized 3dfx possession Voodoo5 6000. I also have a bunch of voodoo2 cards including a couple Quantum Obsidian X24 cards, basically 2 voodoo2 cards in one for sli.

Voodoo6k.jpg ( 203 KB | Downloads )
Voodoo6k.jpg

IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #17 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 7:11am
Print Post  
You modded it? What is it worth? How long have you had it? Where did you get it? Does it still work? is that a 56k modem 2 slots down? How old is this picture? Ever told these folks what you have?
http://www.falconfly.de/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
Is it registered anywhere?

Sorry. it is just that you have my dream card. I could get one I guess but never did. The thrill of the thought of having one fades each year but if I had one, it would be under glass on display and in my will to my kids with strict orders not to sell it for a long long time.

Thanks for sharing the image. I have several functional voodoo cards but all of them together don't equal that one. Aren't you too young to understand what you have? Not a jab. A thumbs up to you.  Smiley

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #18 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Is there such a thing as a Non-Riva TNT2 Ultra? HOOK, what does your say it is under Device Manager? StivBators, what does your voodoo say it is in the device manager?

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #19 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
That card looks like a spaceship. Yeah what year is it and are you still using it.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint