Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) MedFlag (Read 17119 times)
Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: MedFlag
Reply #20 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 2:02am
Print Post  
Sweet Smiley
So now you need to think of a good name for your server, then you need a flag to go with the name   Smiley

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #21 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 2:58am
Print Post  
I Do ! The F.D.A ! Frequent Delinquent's Association! i needed something i can remember. also eh, i think the fda monitors ritalin. good i need monitoring. im very delinquent. It's been a long 48hrs. also i need to setup the other stuff too...i shall keep you informed, i will certainly need you to once over my work serverside with the .ini just for good practice, i will letchu know tho

Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #22 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Helen i have hit a roadblock with CTF and your medFlag  Huh for the life of me i cannot seem to create an entry that works in the ini for using my custom flags , i have tried deleting the actual default flag's and placing yours in the same spot & everything else i can think of, i did get them to show at the same exact coordinates side by side literally with the CTF ones however what im looking to do is physically use my custom flags (blue & red) in place of the one's in each map, is this even possible? or would this mut simply allow me to place my own flags somewhere else more as decor? i have them working perfectly in DM, and i assume DOM would give me no prob's, as far as i can tell the root cause is that CTF flags are treated as a seperate object in entirety.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #23 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 1:24am
Print Post  
ooooh, no, no, my flag is only decoration. It cannot replace a real CTF flag.

I know that the real flags can have custom textures because
- I did a couple maps like that myself
- I have seen them in other maps, but I don't know how they did it.

For the ones where I did it in my maps, I had to do the code IN THE MAP. It was not through a mutator.

If you browsed hard enough, I'm sure there is such a mutator out there. Here for example: http://www.unrealplayground.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16001

I could try expanding my medFlag to do that. Too bad the weekend is over! I would look into this next weekend.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #24 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 1:45am
Print Post  
no worries, i have 30+ tabs open right now, unrealplayground being one of them, i am trying to get alot of this repetitious config'ing done tonight while im free of distractions, and i think i may know a way to do it easier, replacing and modifying files is somewhat my strong suite  Roll Eyes i dont think ive run an OS without severely modifying core parts of it, if i have success i will let you know my method, thx for the quick response H, i appreciate it!

IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #25 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 4:58am
Print Post  
Hi Ritalin,
For the love of God man, rent a server.  It's 10-12 bucks a month.  They give you maps and mutators and a control panel.  You can add some ftp files of your own or they will load them for you.  Heck, you even get a 5 day money back guarantee if you don't like the server. I am the farthest thing from a programmer and I ran a server for fun.  I just don't want you burning out getting the server "just right" and no one plays there.  Unless you want to play Server Master instead of UT I would go the rental route. 

Take care.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #26 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 12:15am
Print Post  
I cracked open my CTF-AVRILvsBRITNEY map to see how I did the flags. The custom flag textures work when the flags are sitting in their base, but much much MUCH to my dismay, the flags have their default textures when they are being carried or they have been dropped. All these years and I thought I had covered that too. My apologies to all the CTF'ers who ever played the map, lol.

So I did some more coding in the map, and I was able to fix that. Now I have to see if a mutator can do all that.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #27 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 3:08am
Print Post  
Ok I have a working version. I'll shore it up and post it in the next couple of days.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Reply #28 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Thank you Helen!
PS: I think there are some custom CTF flag mods out there, but I am sure you will add that extra zing to yours! Wink

=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net

Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #29 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 6:18am
Print Post  
Hi Ritalin,
I think I may have come across as a jerk about setting up a server. Sorry about that.   Anyway keep working on your command line and game engine stuff.  It's kinda cool once you get the hang of it.  Look forward to checking it out and revenge killing you!

IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #30 - Jul 4th, 2014 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
haha apology accepted buddy, im slowly but surely making progress, and have come across some issue's ive had to address, sadly i havent been around for awhile due to legal issues with a family member, but overall building this out has taught me alot and your correct, it's quite enjoyable, you can have your revenge kill Wink i'll take first blood !

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #31 - Mar 3rd, 2017 at 3:44am
Print Post  
To add more than one flag to a map, just do this, here is example from my file. Notice that AloneInTheDark appears in three lines, but each of these lines still has their own unique index:

mMap[0]=(n="DM-Agony",X=-224,Y=-256,Z=1,P=-4400,R=0,W=0,U=True,i=0)
mMap[1]=(n="DM-AggressiveII",X=-1914,Y=-532,Z=82,P=0,R=0,W=-19752,U=False,i=0)
mMap[2]=(n="DM-ArcaneTemple",X=-446,Y=2363,Z=572,P=-5160,R=176,W=-15632,U=False,i=0)
mMap[3]=(n="DM-Viridian-TOURNEY",X=1200,Y=-523,Z=16,P=-5800,R=0,W=16552,U=False,i=0)
mMap[4]=(n="DM-Closer",X=738,Y=1455,Z=60,P=0,R=0,W=27240,U=False,i=0)
mMap[5]=(n="DM-Codex",X=745,Y=-86,Z=78,P=0,R=0,W=0,U=False,i=0)
mMap[6]=(n="DM-AloneintheDark",X=314,Y=-1054,Z=652,P=-5280,R=-248,W=16912,U=False,i=0)
mMap[7]=(n="DM-AloneintheDark",X=560,Y=-1054,Z=652,P=-5280,R=-248,W=16912,U=False,i=0)
mMap[8]=(n="DM-AloneintheDark",X=61,Y=-1054,Z=652,P=-5280,R=-248,W=16912,U=False,i=0)
mMap[9]=(n="DM-Compulsive",X=-614,Y=205,Z=-67,P=0,R=0,W=-15888,U=False,i=0)

etc.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #32 - Mar 3rd, 2017 at 3:53am
Print Post  
Exactly what i was wondering Helen, thanks a bunch, glad I caught you when I did! Glad to know I can also use the abbreviations for everything too, will save me some typing to be sure. This time around I'm trying some much finer tuning of placements, map flow etc.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint