Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic medMutatorEd (Read 9978 times)
Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

medMutatorEd
May 28th, 2010 at 1:57am
Print Post  
medMutatorEd is an app that makes the setting up of UT 99 mutators easy. Version 1.10 supports these mutators:

- medDeathScreamDampener110
- medToggle210
- CCProtector42

I have more info on each of these mutators in separate posts. I will be adding more mutators in the future.

You can download medMutatorEd at http://www.birdieman.com/downloads/medMutatorEdInstall110.zip

medMutatorEd requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 to be installed on your PC. You can download this at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319...

I have tested using the app on Windows XP and Windows 7. My apologies if it doesn't work on other platforms   Smiley

Here is an example of using medMutatorEd to setup medDeathScreamDampener100. This is what it looks like when you first open it. From the menu you can then choose what mutator to edit.

This is the window for editing medDeathScreamDampener100. The first tab is where you enter the settings you want.

The next tab then shows what keys will be created for you in the UnrealTournament.ini file.

The file status tab shows you what files are needed, and what state they are in. In this shot the files don't exist yet, and the keys don't exist in the UnrealTournament.ini file.

Still looking at the file status tab, we just click Apply. We can then see the file statuses have been updated. This tab summarizes in one place the files you need to grab and upload to your server.

Finally, on the help tab, each mutator will have it's own help file to guide you.

« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2010 at 8:00pm by Helen »  

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: medMutatorEd
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2010 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Latest version is now 1.10, I have updated the above link.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
When using Server 2008 r2, You must install .Net Framework 3.5.1 from the Add Features & Services before trying to install this. It will not permit installation through the built in setup. You Must Use Features & Services. Although im still getting a bug on being able to edit the .ini upon loading teh app  Huh which im working on. Fixed it! that actual folder somehow kept its permission set to read only despite me forcing it otherwise from the base medium directory. So always double check that the program has write capabilities under your desired user!

Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Just a quick question Helen, when it's looking for what is referred to as the UT Directory...is it talking the working directory of the actual game exe or just the main folder UnrealTournament itself?

Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #4 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Ah yes, medMutatorEd, I had great plans for this. But it was going to require a major redo, so I shelved it for later, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

You need to set the directory using Tools | UT Directory...

The value you need to set is the root folder. For example, if your game exe path is "C:\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.exe", then the path you need to enter is "C:\UnrealTournament\"

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint