Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Welcome to Mount St. Helen. (Read 72404 times)
TankBeef

Hello

Re: Welcome to Mount St. Helen.
Reply #140 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 12:57am
Print Post  
Hostile wrote on Feb 24th, 2021 at 3:42am:
I usally set it to 128.
Everytime I install the game, it sets it to something like 4.   Huh
Do you think 512 b better?

I have mine on 384 lol. I read that more than that does nothing. And of course, If you reinstall the game, it will set the 20+ year old default  Grin We have more RAM now, i think.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #141 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 1:38am
Print Post  
eggzackly.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #142 - Mar 15th, 2021 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Hey Hos, so you are the author of Oceanrunner??? Wow, that is so cool man  Smiley Very well made, and fun. I knew I had played that map, it is part of the same FOT pack that has FNB Orion's Curse part 1. BTW, I sent a report to github about Orion, there is a confirmed bug in that map with the 469 patches, both a and b. Playing with bots makes the map freeze and crash with lots of overflow repeated lines. That is with Orion, your map works great so far.

IP Logged

Hostile

Hello

Reply #143 - Mar 17th, 2021 at 3:01am
Print Post  
haha, Yes I'm him Roll Eyes
Thanks
For some reason I always made maps that I never play. Tongue
Some of those FOT maps were top of the line. Dont think my maps were deserving to be in there.
had a 300 k map or 2 in the blito3 300k map pack. There are a few nice net playing maps in there, like DM-300k-DantesArena by FraGnBrag, DM-300k-1on1-DuelOnLift by Derdak2rot several others.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,  baffle them with bullsh.t

IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #144 - Mar 17th, 2021 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Hostile wrote on Mar 17th, 2021 at 3:01am:
haha, Yes I'm him Roll Eyes
Thanks
For some reason I always made maps that I never play. Tongue
Some of those FOT maps were top of the line. Dont think my maps were deserving to be in there.
had a 300 k map or 2 in the blito3 300k map pack. There are a few nice net playing maps in there, like DM-300k-DantesArena by FraGnBrag, DM-300k-1on1-DuelOnLift by Derdak2rot several others.

You totally deserve to be on that pack. I am no expert, but I have heard assault maps are the hardest to make well, and you pulled that off. I can't think of any flaws...but maybe I need to play it more  Grin
I asked Helen about adding some FOT maps to the rotation, but he said they lag too much for a server. Totally understandable.  Grin

IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #145 - Mar 17th, 2021 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Helen, seriously, you can totally put the large Coke back on rotation, the 469b fixed it. You may think it is an "ugly" map, but for some reason, of all the ones you made (Foom included), this is the one I play the most offline.  Smiley

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #146 - Mar 17th, 2021 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
Ok thanks, good to know. Coke is the regular, with Coke][ making an occasional appearance.

Now to figure out why people are suddenly getting a render.dll issue with DarkMindII, after years with no problems.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #147 - Mar 18th, 2021 at 12:21am
Print Post  
Helen wrote on Mar 17th, 2021 at 11:12pm:
Ok thanks, good to know. Coke is the regular, with Coke][ making an occasional appearance.

Now to figure out why people are suddenly getting a render.dll issue with DarkMindII, after years with no problems.

But I am not getting the error, and I also have the patch. And also the original DarkMind. What I would recommend if you have 469a, either go back to 436 or upgrade to the just released 469b (if you want you can also have more than one ut installation), and test again. If it only occurs with 469, then you can report the bug at github. I have reported four already, three have been fixed, the Orion's Curse one I reported after the recent release, so I am hoping they will fix it for the next one.

IP Logged

-=ASSASSIN=-
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #148 - Mar 18th, 2021 at 5:23am
Print Post  

imho i wouldnt make me a big head about renderer crashes in case that happens on many maps and most they are using d3d drivers / renderers instead of open gl that most fix the problem same is on 20 th contest maps also  ... regards

IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #149 - Mar 18th, 2021 at 11:56am
Print Post  
-=ASSASSIN=- wrote on Mar 18th, 2021 at 5:23am:

imho i wouldnt make me a big head about renderer crashes in case that happens on many maps and most they are using d3d drivers / renderers instead of open gl that most fix the problem same is on 20 th contest maps also  ... regards

That is a good point. I am on OpenGL, it gives me better frames per second. I have not tried the map on D3D.

IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #150 - Mar 25th, 2021 at 2:20am
Print Post  
A big friendly welcome to both TankBeef & Hostile, hope to play against you guy's in the future. Welcome to The Mountain.  Smiley

Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.
IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #151 - Mar 25th, 2021 at 2:29am
Print Post  
RiTALiN wrote on Mar 25th, 2021 at 2:20am:
A big friendly welcome to both TankBeef & Hostile, hope to play against you guy's in the future. Welcome to The Mountain.  Smiley

Thanks Ritalin!!!  Smiley I have been enjoying the server a lot, just ask Helen.  Grin

IP Logged

Hostile

Hello

Reply #152 - Mar 26th, 2021 at 3:50am
Print Post  
RiTALiN wrote on Mar 25th, 2021 at 2:20am:

Thank you very much.
hope to see ya.
It's all in good fun

IP Logged

Hostile

Hello

Reply #153 - Jul 31st, 2021 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
I'm guessing the IP has changed. Had server saved in my favorites, but it came up dead. I was happy to see it after I re-scanned.

IP Logged

Se7eN

Hello

Reply #154 - Dec 30th, 2021 at 12:54am
Print Post  
I recently reinstalled UT99 and naturally gravitated towards this server because of its vanilla-ness. People have been pretty friendly on the server so I figured I'd stop by and say hi!

Do you guys have a discord?

For transparency, I usually play under the nickname "Intermediate_Xan" or "sev", but most people in the UT community know me as Se7eN.

Hope you had some nice holidays, see you on the mountain!

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #155 - Dec 30th, 2021 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Hi Se7eN, welcome to the server. I don't have discord myself, but I do think some of the others might. You should mention it when you see someone on the server, because the ones who use discord do not use the forum that often.

I do try to keep it vanilla, there are a few tweaks, but it is still basic DeathMatch, for sure. You'll see me on more often come January, I'm going to quit online chess for a few months Smiley

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Se7eN

Hello

Reply #156 - Dec 30th, 2021 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to fragging with you in January Smiley

IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #157 - Dec 30th, 2021 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Welcome Se7en. Hey, I may have seen your name before somewhere, probably even played you on one of the servers. Yes, I helieve I have seen that intermediate Xan.  Grin
I have joined some discords, but I still prefer forums, I don't know, I feel more at home, the discord world still feels too foreign to me.
See you around, the mountain is still my favorite server by far, there is nothing like it, for me at least.  Cool

IP Logged

Se7eN

Hello

Reply #158 - Dec 31st, 2021 at 12:54am
Print Post  
Thanks for the welcome TankBeef!
That's understandable regarding discord, we tend to stick to what we're used to. I'm used to the IRC days so discord wasn't that new to me, both are similar.

IP Logged

Dr Boo

Hello

Reply #159 - Jan 2nd, 2022 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Hi Se7eN, and welcome!  I haven't used Discord.  Believe it or not, I still fire up IRC now and again.  When I do, it's irc.quakenet.org #helen.  Let me know when you're around and I'll meet you there.  Otherwise, I'll see you in the server!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 
Send TopicPrint